Multi Office computer networks
Businesses operating in multiple locations may benefit from a single network encompassing all sites offering improvements in functionality, security, and cost.
There are several ways to implement a single network across multiple sites the most common being VPN and MPLS.
VPN is a software point to point encrpyted tunnelling solution either operated in a peer site to site or hub and spoke configuration from a data centre.
MPLS is a dedicated solution operated by an ISP which may offer reduced costs by aggregating your internet connection for all sites.
- Simple, quick deployment
- May require additional router
- May reduce internet connectivity and network administration costs
- If provided by data center internal applications may be significantly faster
- Reduces network and firewall complexity on larger deployments
- Supplements or replaces existing internet connection